Page 1 of 1

VertX DA62 CTD with FSaerodata installed

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 pm
by FlyingStef
Hello,

I installed FSaerodata this week-end. Since then, every time I open the Flightplan of my VertX DA62 (G1000) in the MFD, the rotation of the inner knob crashes P3Dv4.4.
I reinstalled FSaerodata without any result. I kept FSaerodata installed but removed the four entries in my scenery.cfg file, the plane works without any problem.

Can someone help me?

Stefan

Re: VertX DA62 CTD with FSaerodata installed

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:55 pm
by fsaerodata
Hello,
I' not able to reproduce this error. The MFD operates correctly together with FSAD, at least on my setup. Don't know if it has any with this issue, but check the fsAerodata entries in the scenery list are below any other 3rd party addons, check out if there is a conflicting flight plan loaded, with incorrect waypoints, that may cause a CTD. Unfortunately, I cannot be of help much on this topic. Let's see if other users can report they experienced similar errors.
Kind Regards,

Re: VertX DA62 CTD with FSaerodata installed

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:51 pm
by FlyingStef
Thanks for trying to help.
I changed the entries in the scenery list below any third party add-ons but le problem remains. Quite strange. I keep checking any other possibilities...

EDIT: I made further checks :
  • I deinstalled and reinstalled everything in default folders.
  • The scenery entries are well below any other airport entry
Result: every plane is concerned and even the standard Garmin GNS500 in the default Maule plane makes P3D crash as soon as I turn a button on the GPS.

Further EDIT: I put scenery entries completely down just before the P3D default entries. I was able to get a procedure inserted (default Garmin GNS500 and default Maule) but as soon as I open de DirectTo window, the first click on the right (inner) button crashed P3D.
I don't have no more ideas from now :-(

Re: VertX DA62 CTD with FSaerodata installed

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm
by FlyingStef
Some try-outs have been done and it appears that FSaerodata is not to blame for what happened.
In fact, a 3rd party add-on has troubled le sim by inserting a line in the addon.cfg without a valid path. I installed FSaerodata right after it... and forgot about it.
It seems that since I corrected that, the sim works nice again. I'll reinstall FSaerodata and keep you advised.