To access the forum, please use same account as at fsAerodata

New feature: Update of Airspace

fsaerodata
Site Admin

New feature: Update of Airspace

Post by fsaerodata » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 am

Starting with AIRAC 1702, we are updating airspace worldwide. During this initial beta testing, the areas that are being updated are: US, Canada, Europe (most parts of the continent).
List of european countries updated (status 1707): UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Iceland, Luxembourg, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Poland.

List of airspace types updated:
Controlled airspace: CTR, CTA, TMA, Radar, ATZ, Airways
Special use airspace: Warning, MOA, MATZ, Danger, Prohibited, Restricted

Function is enabled by default. To revert to original FSX/P3D airspace, disable database, uncheck box located on OPTIONS Tab and enable database back again.

Deviations:
Center areas and frequencies are not updated yet.
Class A, Glass G are neither displayed nor simulated on FSX/P3D, though they are included on database. Our recomendation is to use Plan-G Flight Planning Tool to visualize the entire Airspace.

Being a brand new feature, there might by errors on database. Please report here any issues, errors that you find during this initial period.

North America:
Europe:
United Kingdom:

(last update: 02/MAR/2017: coverage updated acc AIRAC 1703)
Jose L. Rubio / fsAerodata
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/fsaerodata

kevinfirth

Re: New feature: Update of Airspace

Post by kevinfirth » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:49 am

Hi Jose,
Can you advise where the airspace updates are please? Installed the 1702 database and still have the 3 previous folders in the scenery library.

Do you currently update ALL airspace, inc lower airways? My UK airspace mod shows more data than your screenshot below, so I'm guessing not..

How far do you expect the airspace updates to extend? Do you intend to model them all, or just the TMAs?

If you don't intend to do everything, can it be made modular so that airspace can be easily included or excluded please?

The reason I ask is that I amended the default BNXWorld1.bgl and BNXWorld0.bgl to remove all UK related entries, then rebuilt it in additional modules so that users could switch in and out any particular aspects of airspace scenery they wished to include.

Cheers K

fsaerodata
Site Admin

Post by fsaerodata » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Kevin,
Updated Airspace is located on directory .....Documents/fsAerodata files/Navigation Data/Navaids.
Stock airspace files (BNXWorld0 and BNXWorld1) get disabled when FSAD database is activated.
At any time, you can revert to stock database, unchecking the box located on OPTIONS menu (but Comms get deactivated as well) or alternatively, adding switch <airspace_update>0</airspace_update> on file settings.xml.

Any additional airspace from 3rd content, could be installed giving them a higher priority on the scenery entries.

The current content of UK is what is available on the source data. Airspace delimited by airways is not part of this database, at least at this time. Do you have a source reference/map where I could check the differences?
At this time is not considered to add filtering options, but any proposals are welcome.

In your case, and for the time being, I would disable FSAD airspace and install your amended airspace content, if they include a more detailed structure. Alternatively, if they are grouped by airspace structure, you could keep FSAD activated and add selected ones with a higher priority than FSAD on the scenery list.

Jose L. Rubio/fsAerodata

fsaerodata
Site Admin

Post by fsaerodata » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:47 am

First post has been upated with lastest coverage, acc. last AIRAC 1703. The missing info on UK I think now is fixed. The images have been created using Plan-G the moving map tool.