fsAerodata is the first product for flight simulation that enables a global update of the built-in default aeronautical navigation database in FSX and Prepar3D to current real world conditions. The updates follow the regular 28-day AIRAC cycles. fsAerodata service claims the inclusion and update of every documented navigational aid, airways , airspace and airport approaches, including SIDs and STARs.
If you want to flight real world approaches, execute realistic world routes, have all latest data on navigation map or use a default GPS/FMS with a full simulator database, then fsAerodata is your choice.
The FSX and Prepar3D flight simulation platforms include an outdated navigation database dated from 2005. The database has a complex and custom format that makes the updates a labour-intensive and challenging task, especially for approaches. fsAerodata has developed algorithms that automate the conversion of the aeronautical data to a format compatible with FSX and Prepar3D.
Our source data is supplied by Navigraph, and is compiled and converted every AIRAC cycle. Each 28 days, a new dataset is ready in fsAeroData for download and installation into your flight simulator. fsAerodata concerns only the default FSX/Prepar3D database; all flight simulator addons and tools are updated via Navigraph’s FMS Data Manager directly.
The fsAerodata tool can be purchased as a 3-month license or 1 year license, this latter one valid 365 days from the date it was purchased. Additionally, you’ll need an active subscription to Navigraph, which is the provider of the source data to fsAerodata. At the download of each cycle, you’ll be requested to validate your Navigraph subscription.
Worldwide update of flight simulator navigation database including the following elements:
• Navaids: VORs, DME, NDB, TACAN, Enroute and Terminal Waypoints, (update identification IDs, frequency, coordinates, magnetic variation).
• Instrument Approaches, including SIDs and STARs procedures.
• Airways Routes, including High and Low altitude airways.
• Update of Airspace (currently includes US, Canada, most parts of Europe); see detailed coverage here
• Update of main enroute ARTCC / FIR Flight Information Regions, including boundaries, frequencies, names, locations.
• New on cycle 1802: Full coverage of ARTCC / FIR real-world sectoring,including altitudes and center frequencies, for following countries: US, Canada and West Europe.
• Update of Airport Comm Frequencies worldwide.
• Access to SIDs & STARs procedures on default GPS navigation unit (only Prepar3D).
• Update of Runway designators.
• Update of Airport Names and ICAO identifiers (more than 650 ICAO idents worldwide).
• ILS stations: update of frequency, name, Identifier, Magvar, correct heading acc published charts, DME and glideslope station. New stations added.
• Obsolete Navaids are disabled.
• Simulation of TACAN facilities (only Prepar3D).
• Air Traffic Control (ATC): Selection and aircraft vectoring of final approaches based on updated database.
• Capability to succesfully execute real world routes.
• Fully Compatible with new Prepar3D V4.
• Auto update of Magnetic Variation Table (MagVar) on flight simulator.
• Please note, fsAerodata does not update 3rd party addons airport data.
fsAerodata includes the capability to drive and simulate SIDs and STAR procedures with the default GPS units GNS500 and G1000 (on Prepar3D only).
(more info in the FAQ section).
Example of SIDs Approaches for LEBL